Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Photo Clicker

Got a new digital camera the other day. It was long overdue. It's a Kodak Z1012 IS, and whether folks are fans of it or foes of it, it is a vast improvement over my old digital device.





While I was out, a couple of buddies spotted a hawk feasting on a rabbit by a parking lot. I quickly sprung into action with my new camera....

[click on images, below, to enlarge]


Still a considerable distance away, the hawk carried his prey up to a little hill, so I maximum-zoomed to get a shot of the him in case he took off before I could get closer....



As I approached, I could see he was ripping away at the poor bunny, cleary eager to fill his little bird belly....



All that remained on the parking lot pavement was this mess at the original kill site....



As I ventured perhaps a bit too close, the hawk flew off to a nearby power station....



But he had left behind his dinner, so I snapped this photo of what was left of it...



* *

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

Bastard bird!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home