Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Adventure Soup

I was cooking up one of my favorite meals the other day, and it occurred to me that I should probably share my little secret recipe with all the world - so that everyone can enjoy a great bowl of soup! I'm actually a fairly bad cook, but this is one adventurous meal that even Jennifer Adams, over at Valley Victuals, is sure to enjoy (if she likes oysters) - and maybe even look back upon fondly for years and years to come. In fact, that is precisely the name of my recipe: Adventure Soup.

Okay. First, the ingredients. I'm assuming the cook will be cooking for two people, or thereabouts. Oh, and uh, I'm not too keen on exact measurements, either. Anything close to the amounts I mention here should be okay. Let's begin...

- 1 can of Whole Boiled Oysters.
- 1 can of Whole Baby Clams.
- About 3 cups of Milk. (?)
- Worcestershire Sauce.
- Hot Sauce (any brand will do).
- Half Stick of Butter or "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter."
- At least a Tablespoon of Chopped Garlic. (Hoowaa!)
- Salt & Pepper.

Some folks might add chopped potatoes, but I think not, myself. As an added delight, you can also add in a few crawfish.



Alrighty then. Let's get cooking!

Put the milk in a medium-sized pot (or is that sauce pan? I don't know what they call them). Add in the juice from the cans of Oysters and Clams. Stir and heat it all up on some kind of low setting - just DON'T boil the milk! Through the years, I've tried this recipe with boiled milk a few times (unfortunately), and it is not good.

Add in the butter, garlic, and salt & pepper. (I prefer a good dose of salt, but you folks can add the salt & pepper to your personal taste.) Next, add in the oysters, clams, and pour in the worcestershire sauce & hot sauce - at least a tablespoon of each. The more hot sauce, the more adventurous the soup!



Keep the whole thing on low heat for a few minutes - I can never wait any longer than it takes to heat up the little oyster bodies.



And there you have it: Adventure Soup.
Serve and enjoy!


* *




MISSING PERSONS IN NEW ENGLAND

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Noah Burke said...

Grateful for sharing this post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home