Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Killer" Starts Patrolling

Saturday, September 1st, marked the MSPCA's "Kitten Kaboodle" adoption day for kittens and cats. To help record the event, I walked on over and snapped a few photos and shot a short video - which you can see here at the Springfield Intruder.

As fate would have it, I have also been having recurring problems with mice running around my house. Mouse traps were inneffective, and gassing the place was not something I wanted to undertake. Hence, the only viable alternative came down to acquiring the most effective mouse deterent in nature: the house cat.

The cat I selected is a one-year-old whose name was Tessa, but in recognition of her duty here in the Dusty household, I have re-named her "Killer". Below is a photo I took while she was still at the shelter.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

O she's pretty - and what a lucky cat!

You did a good thing by adopting her and giving her a good home. She will be a faithful companion for many years to come.

I have semi adopted a cat in my neighborhood - I'm afraid to take him/her in, I'm not sure if the cat has been abandoned or just enjoys hanging around.

Angel seems to know whenever the cat comes around, she runs from door to door, thumping, as if a MONSTER was in the yard. She knows the cats scent, I've caught the cat resting on brick outside of my office window which is also the rabbit's room.

But I have no rats so all is well.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger sojourner said...

Has Killer started her assignment yet? She certainly is better qualified than any man=designed mousetrap.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Bill Dusty said...

I'm hoping this works. The traps were useless. I actually saw a mouse hop over one of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home