Monday, March 19, 2007

Holyoke St. Patrick's Day Parade 2007

So much footage, it took three clips! I journeyed to Holyoke this past Sunday to check out the St.Patrick's Day Parade held there. I wandered around for a couple of hours. It was cold out, but not unbearable (unless you were a marcher, I suppose, and had been out there since the morning). While most folks were lining the streets, others peered out from building windows or watched from inside their cars.

I drank a beer while trekking about - as did many folks who lined the streets as the parade passed by them. The crowd was pretty boisterous at times, including near the ending point, where a few young ladies were quite playful. (I'm sure I missed a few other rowdy moments, but what the hey - I couldn't be everywhere.)

I met some friends there who were marching in the parade. Even though it was cold, they all had a good time, and it looked to me as if everyone else did, too. They say everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day, and it must be true, since I saw white folks, black folks, and Hispanics alike dressed in green & Irish costume. As a Springfielder, I was also glad to see that the Springfield Police Department was very well received by the crowd, who whooped it up loudly as the officers marched by (see the third video).

It was my first St. Patrick's Day Parade, and all and all, I'd have to say I'd go there again.













* *





Missing Persons in New England


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home