Thursday, December 14, 2006

So Many Things to Dislike....

- I hate snow. I've just got no use for it. Planets with no life, no air, and no water still can have snow. Just an FYI...

- I dislike it when people promise nothing but good stuff, only to deliver nothing at all.

- I dislike it when people believe people who promise nothing but good stuff.

- I don't like maple flavored bacon. At all.

- I dislike mercury (both the substance and the planet).

- I dislike Al Gore. Sorry.

- I dislike a few Muslims, and I distrust most of them. I have to admit, when a Muslim man or woman walks by, it does dawn on me that I may have to duck quickly. You are, after all, what your most vocal members say you are.

- I dislike people who never smile. You only live once.... lighten up!

- I dislike Pat Robertson.

- I dislike politically correct speech and behavior. It is as a big a lie as any other gesture made simply to appease or please others.

- I dislike racial quotas and preferences. It was wrong when whites did it to blacks, and it is equally wrong now that set-asides work the other way around. Some folks may smile and call it "payback." I call it an injustice and wrong. It is unfair to qualified whites, and it is an insult to minorities because it implies they are incapable of attaining success on their own merits. All of society suffers when unqualified persons get jobs based merely on the color of their skin.

- I dislike it when people accuse me of being wrong about something when the subject is a matter of opinion (there is no "right" or "wrong"). It's like me saying I don't like peach ice cream, and then someone saying "you don't know what you're talking about."

- I dislike being wrong, too. But stuff happens.

* *

2 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Mark T. Alamed said...

Man...you don't like peach ice cream? ;-)

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Bill Dusty said...

A tragic reality, I know. Although I *do* like peaches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home