Friday, December 08, 2006

A Stroll Along Riverfront Park (Springfield, MA)

Just a brief stroll along Springfield, MA's, Riverfront Park. The riverfront has definitely seen better times. The only people I saw were a couple of guys pimping smokes (one of whom simply could not believe me when I told him I didn't smoke), a couple of joggers, and a guy on a bike.

NOTE: I reference the movie, "The Reincarnation of Peter Proud," in the video, and I mentioned the lead actor as being Peter Fonda. But I was corrected on that by a commentor (see comments, below): "It was Michael Sarrazin, not Peter Fonda in "The Reincarnation of Peter Proud", quite a few Springfield landmarks in the film."

Well, here it is:





* *

5 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice foray into the new medium. I like how you were able to point precisely at the bridge pylons to help us understand the nuances of suicides there. (You're quite the expert on that for some reason.)

Also, I find it interesting that the only link we can manage (for I have searched as well) for the park is an obscure page at PVPC.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Bill Dusty said...

Yeah, although honestly I didn't search too hard. I just Googled "riverfront park springfied, ma" and clicked on the first two links. The first was a curiously useless page on the City website mentioning the "Riverfront Development Commission."

While I was walking around the park, btw, it came to my attention that there was absolutely nothing to do there. The "view" alone just doesn't do it for me.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Mark T. Alamed said...

Cool Bill.

I see the park is bustling and alive with energy as usual.

The worst thing that ever happened to metro-Springfield was the construction of I-91 on the east side of the river instead of the west. And to think Springfield wanted the highway. Geesh.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was Michael Sarrazin, not Peter Fonda in "The Reincarnation of Peter Proud", quite a few Springfield landmarks in the film.
9 out of 10 probably find the Memorial Bridge more convenient(easy parking) or they too want something nice for the last view ??

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Bill Dusty said...

Hey, thanks for the correction on the actor's name. Good job. As far as the odds on jumping from the Memorial Bridge, I was just making a funny (sick as some would curse me for) - I have no idea, really, what the stats are for the jumps off of Springfield's bridges. I think I recall some woman having jumped from the North End bridge earlier this year, or last year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home