Friday, April 27, 2007

Shriners in the City

I was on one of my walks downtown yesterday (Thursday) when I came upon a detour sign blocking off Main Street as I crossed Falcons Way...


Initially, I have to admit, I was a bit annoyed. "What kind of public relations show do they have going on now?" I thought. Politicians love their face time with the media. Luckily, I had my camera on me, so I decided to investigate while taking a few photos. As I got closer, I saw a tent up ahead of me. But I still wasn't sure what was going on...


As I drew up beside the event, however, its purpose became clear: It was the Shriners Circus guys! My cynicism quickly evaporated and I took a couple of more photographs as I walked on by...


The Shriners is a great organization that has done a lot of good things for a lot of people - especially kids. They'll be performing this weekend, in fact, at The Eastern States Coliseum.


Sadly (for me), I would have no problem getting into that little car, above, and driving away.

*

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, short is cool, as long as we're only talking about height.

TD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home